Thursday 28 September 2017

Estella - a Shorter Day

September 22, 2017
Estella
It was a short day today as promised.  I arrived at the albergue around 1pm and the guys had a bed already booked for me.  Our Finnish nurse developed knee problems and we lost track of her at Pamplona.
The albergues vary:  most are mixed sleeping rooms.  The one today has 3 beds  and we have our own shower, which is a rare treat.   Some places have meals, the usual thing being a shared meal.  Or they offer a kitchen where you can prepare a meal with your own food.  Most place's have sheels and blankets, the private albergues anyway.  They are a couple of Euro more, but worth it.

The later in the day you arrive: you run the risk of the choice beds being gone, such as the lower bunks.  I have only had one upper so far and it served to remind me that I am no longer 13.

My sandals gave up the ghost today, so I need a new pair.  I really should have brought my walking sandals but that is hindsight.  And walking around town barefoot is not a option.  Forge on, I must. 

No comments:

Post a Comment