Thursday 28 September 2017

Meanwhile back at the John

September 24, 2017
Meanwhile back at the John
Ah....Cafe con Leche in the morning.  Life is good surrounded by Pilgrims and backpacks. It was easy walking this morning, granted it was downhill and almost sunrise when I started.

I had supper last night with three blokes from Manchester:  a lawyer, Ceo type and one other.  All of them at various crossroads of their lives.  I did learn something interesting though:  most people if they quit the Camino (outside of injury) do so within the first 3 days.  Some don't even start and I can see that because when I got to St.Jean and the enormity of what I was attempting to do really started to sink in, it was a scary moment.

With regards to bathrooms:  overall it has not been a problem to me.  One thing is that no matter how much I hydrate - and I do, a lot - I don't seem to need to pee much.  As for the other,  as long as I avoid the beautiful and delicious freshly squeezed orange juice, prevelant with every breakfast, I will not be caught short.

As for the bathrooms, the one in the cafes and bars along the way have been clean but it is wise to carry along a small supply of toilet paper just in case.

Slouching Towards Santiago,

1 comment:

  1. I'm always worried about that. I'm peeing usually like every 45 minutes and I don't know how am I going to handle that in the Camino

    ReplyDelete