Saturday 30 September 2017

Strolling to Navarrete - reprieve from withdrawl

September 27, 2017Strolling to Navarrete
My day started in Logrono, after a evening of sharing beer with Mike from New Zealand :  he tore up his feet pretty bad walking in sneakers,  even his blisters have blisters.  He is taking a couple of days to recuperate before he gets back to his 30 km per day.  Oy!

So this morning stared with the usual cafe con Leche and a tostada con Tomato.  Mid morning  break is on the picturesque banks of a resovoir with a cold Aquarius - a hydration beverage - not quite a sports drink- that is quite pleasant.  Not at all like those sports drinks that taste like I imagine camel.urine tastes like.

My American companions are out there somewhere and I have no doubt our paths will cross again.   I have arrived in Navarrete and will set out tomorrow for Najera, about 17 km away, or so the guide book claims.  I have made arrangements to have My background sent on ahead so we will see how that works out.  It seems to be an increasingle popular option here on the Camino for people who really want to enjoy the walk. 

And today for the first time,  I got to pet some kitties, I have been going through serious withdrawal.

I am really enjoying this outdoor cafe part of Spain.  I am going to pick up some food for the road tomorrow so I  can picnic on the way. 

After a supper of pasta with pesto and salad, another early night.




No comments:

Post a Comment