Saturday 30 September 2017

Logrono and a typical day

September 26, 2017
Logrono
Yesterday in Viana I managed to score a pair of sandals and another tshirt.  I met up with some Irish lads about my age on their annual walking trio on the Camino. I have to admit I took the bus yesterday and I am not sorry that I missed climbing both in and out of the ravine they call "mule killer ".   While in Viana, I did some sightseeing and visited the tomb of Caesre Borgia.  He was originally buried in the church but it was desiccated sometime in the 1600s so they buried him outside.

It was a 12km walk to Logrono this morning over easy terrain and I did not use my trekking poles.  I was somewhat faster.  Hmmmmmm.

The typical day for me begins around 6ish am when people start rustling.  They try to be quiet, but it doesn't help much.  Then it is breakfast :  usually bread, sometimes toast, and jam and coffee.  I have learned not to indulge in the fresh orange juice.

Then,  it's off like a herd of turtles.  Now if circumstances pemit,  about an hour or so later we stop for coffee con Leche and a snack (second breakfast) then start off again. 

Depending on the distance you want to cover,  you may or may stop for lunch or you can pick up sandwich makings from a Mercado for a picnic. Then you finally roll into the albergue and shower,  do any laundry you may have then go for a glass of wine.

If there is a communal supper we usually take part and if not we go hunting for a cafe.  The  pilgrims menu usually offers 3 courses : soup, salad or pasta and a main course: chicken, fish or pork and a light dessert. And wine is included, this whole repast is usually 8 - 11 euro.
 After that, usually bed time.  And no one has trouble falling asleep .

I miss you and the kitties, my Snuggy.  I suspect when I get home the kitties may be upset at having to share the bed with me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment