Friday 27 October 2017

Arzua

October 26, 2017
Arzua
After a relatively short day I am in Arzua.  I am getting tired of hills but I take comfort  in knowing that we are about 40 km from Santiago.  Tomorrow is the penultimate day on the road.  We plan on going to Finnestera but we will do it by bus.
The pictures yesterday: you are right, one of them was dinner, a local speciality called "pulpo"  or octopus.  It is served boiled with a shot of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil on a wooden plate and eaten with large toothpicks.  Now I can say I have eaten octopus.  The texture is a bit on the rubbery side.  And I believe that the flavour could been improved by a couple of squeezes of fresh lemon.  That said I think I would have preferred a lobster roll.  But maybe I am just homesick.
The little purple flowers that I have been trying to photograph are autumn crocuses:  the pistels of which are the source of saffron.
I have no idea what the wicker thing is but it looked interesting.
The weather has been pleasant and looks Google for the next several days.  So batten down the hatches and snuggle the kitties.
Love you much my Bear
Photos:
Oct. 26 - Supper complete with wine glass - This looks more like a pasta and beef mixture, some lemon, and the stem of a wine glass.
Oct. 23 - This looks like a Crocus - Yes, this is a 'Fall Crocus'. Go figure. It takes a lot of these plants to provide a gram of Safron.
Oct. 18 - Lesslie posing with the Appostil La Portella - No recent pictures of our 'Traveler', so I chose this one.
Sept. 16 - This is more like it - Then this is another aspect of this journey.
Day 40 Arzua - Note the graph of the terrain on the left - 277 meters up hill and 337 meters down hill in this 14km walk. This is tough on Leslie.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment