Thursday 5 October 2017


October 3, 2017

Meanwhile back Burgos

Leslie's forgettable night in Atapuerta precluded a blog entry on October 2nd. That does not mean that there were no photos.

Here I am in Burgos after a forgettable night in Atapuerta, one of the places that could be said "I spent a week there one night."  I think I will take a day off tomorrow to do some sightseeing.  I want to see the museum of Human Evolution and the Cathedral.

Most of us walked the first 10km and caught the bus for the last 10km into Burgos.  That trip was mostly made up of industrial park and car dealerships.  Someone said that it was broken up by the sighting of a McDonald's.  I must have missed that.

After Burgos begins the Meseta; a long strip that has its own challenges and I expect that boredom will be one of them.  I also expect that this will be the stretch my solar recharger will come into its own. 

It is after 6pm and Back  home it would be supper time or later.  Things are different in Spain, where, for the most part, the last meal of the day doesn't start until 9 pm or later. An exception is generally made in areas that cater to  hungry pilgrims who have to start early in the day.  Sunrise this morning was 8:16,  so those who want to start waaaaay early have to walk in the dark.

Anyway,  that's all for now, my Bear.   Love you lots.
Photos:
Early Morning on the Trail - Oct 3
How's this for eating out - Oct 1
Viana serves stacked deer - Sept 25
A Slingshot on the Road - Oct 2





No comments:

Post a Comment