Monday 23 October 2017

Triacastela yesterday Sarria Tonight

October 22, 2017
Triacastela yesterday Sarria Tonight
Well here I am; about to start my last 100 km of this trip. Yes, I admit it, there were days, especially mornings, when my thoughts were "why am I doing this to myself? "
What do I miss the most besides my Snuggy and the kitties?  Towels would have to be close to the top,  nice, warm dry thick towels.  The microfiber towel that I have does the job, but after a shower there is nothing beats a good towel.  
What is the most useful thing outside of clothing?  That is a toss up between the Spanish sim card and the dry bag that Melissa,  Steve and the boys gave me:  it stores whatever clothing that I am not wearing in one convenient spot in my back pack.
Not all albergues are created equally :  the one I was in last night was clean warm and had a lot of hot water.  All of which are good things  but the place had the personality of prison, granted a minimum security prison; but a prison none the less.
This place is much more homelike.  I have taken a picture of the official dog - her name is Julietta and she snores.  She reminds me a bit of Dan on the admittedly rare occasions he snores.   I wanted her to sleep in my room (yes this is how home sick I am getting )  but I was told that my roommates would likely toss me out.
Today was a glorious walk.; the temp was just right. But there were a lot of hills.
Anyway, I must scoot for now.
Love you my Snuggy
Photos:
Oct. 21 - 142 kms to go and a Vista - Note that the scenery and the track have changed dramatically.
Oct. 18 - Homage to the grape - here is a statue to the noble grape., Before the Meseta.
Oct. 7   - Not exactly the Weeping Wall, but ...... a special space.
Day 35 Triacastela - A short day today, time to build a good supper, Atmosphere though is another matter.
Progress Week 5 - It is phenomenal to see just how far Leslie has traveled since the start of her journey on the Way. I find it difficult to realise that there is less than a fortnight left in this journey for our intrepid traveler!


No comments:

Post a Comment