Monday 9 October 2017

Walk the Camino, they said. It will be fun, they said.

October 8, 2017
Walk the Camino, they said. It will be fun, they said.

Yesterday was one of those days:  I was cruising along the trail when my foot caught a rock and tripped me.  Usually I can manage a spectacular save, but not this time.  I scrapped my knee and my elbow but otherwise none the worse for wear.  Ñaturally, I had my full pack on, so getting upright was a bit of a challenge.  I figured I had enough excitement for one day when I got to Castrojeriz and decided to take the bus to Fromista.  Only to find that no one knew where the bus stop was.  I was directed to one place and I waited an hour past the appointed time and no bus.  So I wound up in an albergue that caters to Korean pilgrims and enjoyed a nice Korean dinner and a singalong afterwards. 

But today I have a few aches and pains, but one way or another I am getting out of this town.

Thinking of you and your roast beef dinner. 
Photos:
Oct. 7 - Honanas Welcome Pilgrims - 457 kms to go [also expressed in miles and leagues! the prominent arrow points to the WAY
Sept. 25 - The path along the highway - The path to be traveled along the Camino is not uniform the whole way, as I have shown. Here the pilgrims walk beside a highway.
Sept. 23 - Some Birds at the wier - There are lots of stone bridges along the WAY, and here the pilgrim can wtch the birds cavorting by the wier.
Sept. 22 - Some of the Path Grandure - The path can be a grandious one complets with paving stones and arches.
Week 3 - Leslie's progress on Week three. About 110 kms and now she has entered the Meseta.
Progress Week 3 - This map shows Leslie's progress from where she started at Saint Jean Pied de Port through Honanas, 300 kms, pretty impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment