Tuesday 17 October 2017

October 15, 2017
Rabanal
Today in Rabanal, tomorrow the iron cross where I will leave my "offering" and on to El Acebo for the night.  That is about 17 km but does not include a 300m climb to the cross.  But it's down hill after that.
It is really hard to believe that I am over halfway though there are times when all I want to do is get home to you and the kitties.  But I struggle on.
I made pasta carbonara for John's party.  I am told that I made a mistake as I will be asked to do it again.
In answer to a question,  when I got rid of my sleeping bag,  I still had my sleeping bag liner.  It has served me well.
Oh if you  need to pay off Jack's bill, use my Pc debit card.  There is more than enough to cover it.
Now I am getting sleepy again.  This when I get to close my eyes and dream of home.
Love you my Snuggy
Photos:
Oct. 15 - Working out the kinks - Leslie is still working out the 'camera kinks' here. Look in the background and you will see mor refurbishment on the tower. Lots of effort going into refurbishment and maintenance.
Oct. 14 - Supper time in Rabanal - This photo shows the 'crew', the Amigos on the right and other Pilgrims sharing a comunal meal after a long day.
Oct. 15 - Now here's another tribute to Pilgrims. - A cute sculpture indication that Pilgrims are welcome here.
Day 29 - Rabanal del Caamino - a 20 km hike, up hill. Leslie walked and sent her main pack ahead by a service that is provided for the Pilgrims.
Progress Week 4 - Leslie has traveled 500 kms so far, what a feat.


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment