Wednesday 25 October 2017

In Palas de Rei

October 24, 2017
In Palas de Rei
That tumble I took yesterday had a few aftereffects : the aches and twinges did not make  a good night's sleep so my walking was cut somewhat short in favour of speedier transportation and an afternoon nap;  my right side is kind of tender, but nothing that I can't work with.
It could have been worse:  I might have wound up face down in a cow patty:  cows seem to outnumber people in this part of Galacia and they are constantly being moved from barn to pasture to barn  accompanied by large friendly herd dogs.  The cows are all over the roads and so are their patties.
Sarria being the last 100 km, is the last place you can start in order to get the official certificate in Santiago.   As such we pilgrims were joined by group after group of school children from Madrid, walking the camino with their teachers.  Also, I heard mariachi music coming up from behind.  It was a bunch of Mexican men complete with their priest.
Today I am in am albergue that is much like a Japanese capsule hotel, or a Pullman sleeper car.  Each bunk is a tiny room with curtains, reading light, charger for electronics and a shelf.  I don't imagine that it is for the claustrophobic but it meets my needs.  The curtains give a bit of privacy one usually does not have in a dormitory.
Anyway I need to grab a shower.   How did the 200 night go?
Love you and miss you.  Counting the days till I come home to my Bear.
Photos:
Oct. 23 - The Lonely Burrow - Doesn't look like the source of the cow patties to me.
Oct. 24 - What do you think this is? - Think in terms of sardines. The alternative is open beds in the gym. Which would you choose?
Oct. 22 - Welcome to Sarria - 'The Magic Point', It is 100kms to Santiago de Compestella. This where
many start their journey  along 'The Way'.
Day 38 Palas de Rei - A particularly difficult day following a fitful night dealing with the aftermath of her fall during the day. None the less, 'The March Must Go On'.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment