Thursday 12 October 2017

Stealing into Sahagun


Oct. 9, 2017
Stealing into Sahagun
Post Thanksgiving Greetings my Snuggy,
Today was a fairly easy day for all that it was about a 20 km hike.  Yours truly was on the road, in the dark at 6:45 am.  The albergue where I was staying did not exactly encourage hanging around in the morning. And it was 6.2 km to the nearest coffee.
The place where I am now is in Sahagun and much different even though the hot water was lukewarm at best. I chose this place because it is pet friendly, even though I am not traveling with a pet as I thought it be a good place to get a critter if not a kitty fix.  It turns out that this place is home to a 5 rescue kitties  (No, I am not bringing any home as they do not travel well in backpacks.)
The hospitaliero (the guy who runs the place)  seems to have a penchant for American CW music. I wish James were here to give a line dance class; we would have to move a few tables around, but I think it would thrill everyone to death.
Sahagun, for some peculiar reason, ran the Camino through the most butt ugly section of the city, avoiding even the main town square.  Go figure on that one. However, I am staying in an old monestry,  so that has to count for something. 
The Spanish National Holiday is in the 12th or Thursday this week and me and my 2 Amigos plan on being in Leon for the event.
Smooches my Bear
Photos:
Oct. 9 - Signs beside the Highway - If you zoom in, you can see the route to Leon. Note the Pilgrim's path on the left, next tot the highway. It looks like they advertise 'The Highway of the Camino de Santiago'  here; interesting.
Oct. 10 - An impressive portico along the WAY - The Way has many different environs as you proceed toward your goal. Here is one of the mor exotic ones with an impressive portico.
Oct. 9 - 337 kms to go - Here is a welcome sign into Ledigos that points toward some of the albergue that are available.
Day 23  - Sahagun - Leslie's progress to Sahagun on Day 22. Yup she's been on the road for 22 days!.



No comments:

Post a Comment