Sunday 29 October 2017

Slouching into Santiago - I DID IT!

October 28, 2017
Slouching into Santiago - I DID IT!
Well, we did it.  Santiago at last - 800 km/500 miles whatever way you want to look at it.  And there are pictures with more to come: the one you may be interested in now show me munching on my sangria.
Last night the girls in my albergue were dicussing tattoos and the ones the planned on getting upon completion of their journey.  Somehow the topic of a  €5 tattoo came up.  My contribution to the discussion was if any artist was offering a €5 tattoo,  he was likely known as Hepatitis Harry.
We went to the Pilgrim office and got our certificates, then to our respective albergues and after that, supper with a lot of Sangria.
Now, I am tired, more than a little overwhelmed and slightly awash in sangria and now it is time for bed.
Love you my Snuggy

Photos:
Oct. 28 - I REALLY DID IT! - Let's hear it for Leslie, She really did it.
Oct. 28 - On to Finesteta - Not Today - Leslie is taking a day off tomorrow and taking the bus to Finestera
Oct. 28 - Leslie in Santiago - Proud of her Accomplishment - Looking really Good Girl.
Oct. 28 - Cathedral under Construction - It really is a beautiful cathedral, once the renovations are done, it will be even better.
Day 42 Santiago de Compestela - WOW I'm really here AND it Feels just GREAT!
Progress Week 6 - Wow What an accomplishment to walk all that way. Oh yes Leslie walked 8.5 km uphill and another 8.5 km down hill on this trek.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment